March 03, 2012

Kendle House: Easter Baskets for Hope




Today, I visited with Susan, creative owner of Kendle House in Historic Downtown Concord. I stopped by to learn about how she helps improvished women in Ghana through the purchase of handmade sweetgrass baskets. Of course, I bought one. It is beautifully tagged & it conveys a message of hope through empowerment. "Your purchase of a Blessing Basket improves nutrition, plants crops, buys livestock, educates children, protects forests & most importantly, reduces poverty. There's no hidden agenda. We simply work to end poverty in the lives of those we serve."


Now, through Easter (4.8.2012), the baskets are on sale for $20 each (reg. price $24). Once purchased, you can visit other shops, with your receipt, & fill your basket with items that are specially priced for this promotion. 


I'm in love with my hometown's quaint downtown area & I visit at least once a week to pick up new beads from The Bead Lady. Until today, I'd never crossed the street to venture into the Kendle House, a fabulous shop full of everything from designer soaps to antique furniture to beautiful rugs. I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw & I am excited about yet another opportunity to shop local to support our local economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment