September 13, 2011

Sapelo Sisters 10th Year Retreat



This past Labor Day, sis and I hosted more than 20 women on a three day, two night retreat on Sapelo Island, Georgia.  We celebrated 10 years of women's retreats on the island. This year, we stepped up our game by hosting the event in a central location on the island, incorporating games and crafts, and providing all the meals as part of the total cost. This retreat was a challenge for me as I was only a week out from major surgery. Although I tried to bow out gracefully, sis insisted on my presence and I'm glad she did. I was in a lot of pain but I have come to believe that we got more out of the event as compared to the participants. We vowed, after this event, we would host no more. The women revolted with a vengeance. How can we not answer their encouraging words by hosting the retreat every two years? We have asked other members of our group to step up and plan trips for the off years. I'm looking forward to seeing where their imaginations will take us. Here are some pics from our time together.

Having fun with games...


Greeting a new day...

Putting our thoughts on paper...

Finding sanctuary in the ocean...

New friendships are made... 

Oh to be a kid again...

Representing!

Passing on the art of jewelry making... 

This trip was so much more than just a trip to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment