July 21, 2011

Latest fascinations...travel, fashion & art

I've been enthralled in the world of fashion, art & travel. Last Friday at 8:00a sharp, I caught the Amtrak Crescent train in Atlanta, headed for New Orleans. It took 12 hours to arrive at our destination where we spent the night & returned to Atlanta the next day. The trip was a part of Amtrak's partnership with the U.S. National Park Service's Trails & Rails program. The full moon hung beautifully over New Orleans while we headed to Harrahs for slot machines & dinner at the buffet. Trails & Rails volunteers provided eduational fodder for those interested in learning more about the sites along the way.

Prior to our departure, I met train artist Robert West. He had several paintings on display & he narrated each one so eloquently that they seemed to come to life. I'd never given much thought to the railways and art that depicts this lifestyle but Robert gave me a lot of food for thought.


While working last week with girlfriend Rachel, she introduced me to fashion sites Rue La La & Birchbox. I've been fascinated ever since grabbing good deals on everything from make-up to Cookie Johnson jeans to Birkenstocks! I've taken my fashion game to a whole new level!




 
Yesterday, I received my Warby Parker eyeglasses...love them! I ordered the Sibley's.
 
 
 
Busy, busy but it's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment