September 06, 2009

Stained Glass: 1 year and 1 day later...

I always say that I can do stained glass but you rarely see me in the process of creating this type of work. See the problem with me is...when I start something, I like to finish it in the same day. You could say that I struggle in the area of patience. Unless you are creating a small piece, it's hard to create a large piece in just a day.

Putting the idea on paper, making the patterns, cutting out the pattern, cutting the glass, making a few changes along the way, washing, foiling, soldering and polishing...Phew! is an understatement. Yesterday, I started working on this piece that got underway over a year ago. So one year and one day later, the urge hit me to finish what I had started. This piece is destined for the Red Piano Too in St. Helena, SC...so here's a sneak peek at a piece of art in the making...Stay tuned for updates!
qqqqqqqq
KKKKKKK

2 comments:

  1. I struggle with patience too. I want to create something in one sitting! I love mosaic work but completely lack patience- I started a huge project two years ago and have yet to finish it! Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for visiting my blog. Let me know how your project turns out once you revisit it.

    ReplyDelete