August 11, 2009

Hot & Steamy in Washington D.C.

Hot and steamy is how I would best describe last Saturday in Washington D.C.; Georgetown to be exact. It was my first shopping expedition to the area and I was giddy with excitement. The thermometer pushed 100 degrees and the sweat rolled down my back slowly. Eric and I parked, walked a little bit and crossed the street. We didn't know where we were going; we just knew we wanted to see something new. Standing at the corner, the light changed and the walk signal started its countdown for the next green light. Once across the street and in the shaded shelter of the buildings, we took a look around. Eric spotted the Paper Source across the street. He said, "That looks like your kind of store." Truer words had never been spoken. The countdown to the red light started and we crossed the street back to where we had just left.

As quiet as it's kept, my fetish for paper equals that of pretty glass beads. Making cards and invitations is one of my many passions. Not to mention, I never like to send the same card twice. Each card creation, whether mine or someone else’s', tells a story. A lot of people save the cards that they receive and I want mine to be among that special crowd of cards.

Paper Source was like walking into a piece of artistic heaven. In an hour or so that I browsed the card stock and international papers, I made friends with the staff, experienced demonstrations, and exchanged websites. If you have a Paper Source close to you, check it out as I'm sure you'll feel right at home. They also have regularly scheduled workshops. This Saturday, I'm taking a book binding workshop. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment