June 16, 2009

ConGRADulations!

A lot has happened since my last posting. I’ve taken a trip to Sapelo Island, Georgia with the kids and my first born, Vas, graduated from high school…Class of 2009! The celebration started the prior weekend with a trip to the beach to see my sister and it culminated this past weekend with a cook out with our family and friends.

The party had all the southern fixings…

* Tiki torches
* Balloons
* Ice cream
* Homemade cake
* Hotdogs & Hamburgers
* Collard Greens
* Homemade Lemonade
* Sweet tea

When I brought home the helium balloons, Vas said, “Ya’ll are going all out for this!” I told him how proud I am of him and much I love to celebrate. I’m always looking for an excuse to throw a party...just give me one good reason! I’ll keep you posted on the next big shindig and his next accomplishment.

In the meantime, don’t forget to enter into my ‘first ever give-away’!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You must be so proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am! Thanks, I appreciate it. He was on track to graduate in 2008 but he got sick and had to be hospitalized. We thought it best to focus on his health at the time. He created his own plan for returning to school and he got it done! Proud is probably an understatement ;-)

    ReplyDelete