May 10, 2009

Featured Artist: The Watchman

Chatting on Etsy is a good way to meet new people. Recently, I met The Watchman and I fell in love with his creations. He's been making and selling jewelry for five years and he has his own jewelry making 'how to' DVD series. Here's the Watchman, in his own words...

How long have you been selling on Etsy?
I've been selling on Etsy for two years but just opened up a new etsy shop to feature my steampunk and fused glass pendants.

Is this your full-time profession?
Making unique pendants is my full time job. I work from home in my studio. It took me two years to go full time. I run several websites in which I teach and sell my own work. I have been blessed to have many wonderful customers and enjoy making pendants your friends wish they had.

What inspires you and why?
Just about anything you see in life can inspire something. I really don't have a particular thing that inspires me. I try to create something new. Personally, I don't know why people are so hung up on "what inspires you". I create to express my creativiness. I'm a guy... what do I know.

What's your most interesting vacation?
Vacation? What is that? I don't take vacations.

Any suggestions for someone just getting started in the handmade business? I found that starting small and building your business and following takes time. If you rush into it... you will make more mistakes. Also... create what makes you happy.

Anything else you would like people to know about you? If you want to learn about some neat jewelry techniques, check out my sites at www.createapendant.com
www.nixcreations.etsy.com
www.thewatchman.etsy.com
www.thegearheadfactory.com

No comments:

Post a Comment