May 13, 2009

1,200 miles traveled since last Friday!

Since last Friday, I've traveled approximately 1,200 miles! Over the weekend, I visited with my dear friends Millie and Mo. We spent time chilling at the house, in the sun at the beach; we went dancing Saturday night and spent a lot quality time catching up on all of life's happenings. I was not surprise when I was presented with a pile of jewelry that needed to be repaired or redesigned. Or course, I willingly pulled out my tools and got to work in between sips of ice cold beverages.

I returned home on Sunday, in time for Mother's day dinner. The guys, Dad and Eric, were preparing grilled steaks, sautéed mushrooms, baked potatoes and salad for the family. It was fabulous and I was thoroughly impressed with their culinary skills.

Last Thursday, I learned that a dear friend had lost her father. I didn’t know him but I knew right away that I would hit the road again and travel to Kinston, NC on Tuesday for the noon service. Early yesterday morning, I crawled out of bed, gathered some magazines in my Hog Hammock tote, grabbed my ball of hemp twine so I could keep my hands busy, and powered up my iPod in preparation for the day trip to East Carolina. I'm glad I went.

I have a passion for creating jewelry and cultivating meaningful relationships. In between trips, I’ve managed to design several gorgeous rings that I will be updating to my Etsy shop by this weekend. I’m also finalizing plans for exciting give-aways in June and I’m always on the look out for artists to feature on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment