April 24, 2009

Featured Artist: Rocki’s Artisan Metalwork

Creating my own lampwork beads & metal findings for Moondoonie Designs is a dream of mine. However, I always try to keep it real by acknowledging my own limitations when it comes to time. Maintaining a full-time job outside of the home, raising three kids, wife, co-managing a household, & running a small design shop are all very demanding. So when I think about broadening my artistic repertoire, I quickly give myself a reality check. There’s only so much time in the day. Not to mention, the time it would take to become proficient in these new endeavors.

As a member of the Etsy family, I have access to the work of skilled artisans. Several metal workers have caught my eye and they each offer a unique perspective on the art. Rocki’s Artisan Metalwork stands out for her creative sterling silver findings. I’d been using findings from the local hobby store but when I came across Rocki, I fell in love!

Check out her shop and you’ll see what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Rhonda, I appreciate your kindess!

    Right now my shop is in Vacation Mode due to some wrist problems, but I'll be opened back up for business in a couple weeks :)

    Peace,
    Rocki

    ReplyDelete