November 05, 2008

Jar of Pickles

Yesterday, while entering 85S to head to work, I spotted a glass jar of pickles on the side of the road. I’m used to seeing all types of bottles, soda cans and other roadside debris but a jar of pickles?

Well, my next road trip has come to fruition. My plan is to get up at 3:00 am Saturday morning, drive six hours to the Meridian, GA dock. The goal is to arrive in time to catch the first ferry to Sapelo Island, GA at 9:00 am. Right now, I’m totally ready to go. As the day gets closer though, 3:00 am will probably be less appealing. I had hoped to check out Savannah but I doubt I’ll make it on this trip. It will be productive nonetheless because I am taking with me, a piece of stained glass that’s been giving me some trouble. My sister mentioned something about making candles in the sand on the beach. That should be interesting. I’ll let you know how that works out.

In the meantime, if you have any interesting theories on that jar of pickles, please comment ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment