November 02, 2008

Challenges and Triumphs

I must admit that my last blog turned out to be a very difficult post for me. While I was crafting my sentences very carefully, my youngest child called for me to tuck him in bed. While I was cuddling with him, my mind drifted back to my mom's craftiness and her many talents. I was overwhelmed with emotion because she was recently diagnosed with ALS. The disease has weakened her body significantly and taken over her thoughts from the perspective of coping and making life more comfortable. Needless to say, she is not able to do some of the things that she used to.

Just last week I was talking to one of my dearest friends and I shared with her that I had a blog and I asked her to check it out. She asked me if I was blogging about my mom and I replied no. I went on to tell her how this blog was strictly about my business. Well, she must have seen something that I didn't because here I am, blogging about my mama.

My intentions for this blog are to make new contacts, build my business and to tell my story. My parents are such a huge part of my life and I would be remiss if I didn't provide you with a glimpse of what's happening when I'm not creating jewelry or grinding glass for my next stained glass "masterpiece". Although mom can't do some of the things that she used to, she can problem solve any craft challenge which allows me to triumph instead of giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment