October 15, 2008

The Setting Sun

Suns appeal to me because they are so full of color and very unpredictable. A few years ago, my uncle met me on Sapelo for the annual festival. My sister was catching the last ferry to the island and I went to the dock to pick her up. The ferry was late and this allowed me to have a moment to take in the lovely scenery. While the ferry approached, the sun was setting and it was absolutely beautiful. Vibrant colors raced across the sky and racing sums up the event nicely because it didn't last very long. While I watched the setting sun with my uncle, I was amazed at how quickly the event happened and then faded as the sun disappeared behind the trees in the distance. Darkness was on its way to take over the sky.

My latest stained glass creation reminds me of that day. Although they say a picture is worth a thousand words, I believe this piece of art captures the moment and shows its truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment