October 31, 2008

The Origins of my Craftiness

When I think about the origins of my craftiness, I need look no further than my mom, dad, big sister, and grandmothers and a few uncles. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been surrounded by some type of craft or entrepreneurial project. My mom has a story from her childhood of how she would reside under the sewing table, operating the sewing pedal at my grandmother’s commands. This is how she got her start as a seamstress. Until I was about ten years old, most of my clothes were sewn by my mother. When Mom would take me and sis school shopping, we missed out on many a outfit because mom would say, “That costs too much, I can make that for a lot less.” I recall having a sincere loathing for fabric stores, pattern books, cutting boards, needles, etc. Mom would spend hours perusing pattern books, touching and stretching fabrics, all in her quest for the right style for her next creation. I will admit that I secretly aspired to be a fabric cutter at a fabric store. It wasn’t until I got older and started going to proms and getting married that I was able to truly appreciate her talent. To be continued…

4 comments:

  1. Just to throw in a comment about your poll to the right: I loove rose gold pieces and it's hard to find people who still work in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have opened my eyes to rose gold...I love discovering new things...THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I could introduce someone else to the beauty of Rose Gold! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lovely designs. Especially the rose gold.

    ReplyDelete